The aim of LDS Kindle Books is two-fold:
- Provide free LDS books to Kindle owners
- Alert Kindle owners about new LDS books available in Kindle format.
The types of FREE publications include Gospel resources published by LDS.org in Kindle compatible formats, LDS General Conference talks, and LDS books which are free from copyright.
Linked books generally include publications from Deseret Book released for the Kindle or books by LDS authors produced by other publishers.
Monday, August 1, 2011
Back to the Basics - Adding non-Amazon Content to your Kindle
1) The first way to add content to the Kindle is to buy a book from Amazon which either a) updates automatically or b) allows you to download an individual book through the "Manage Kindle Content" feature here.
2) The second way is to download a book from another site with any of several compatible file types: .mobi, .prc and .azw. In addition, other formats like .pdf and .doc may work on your Kindle.
3) The third way is to create your own Kindle content.
4) The fourth way is to convert from epub to Kindle as described in this post.
Once you have the file downloaded, you can follow the following steps:
1) Connect your Kindle to your computer with the USB cable.
2) Look for the Kindle drive in “My Computer” on a PC or in the “Devices” section on a Mac.
3) Drag the.mobi, .prc, or .azw file to the Kindle’s documents folder.
4) Eject/Undock and you are ready to go!
So get started and download some free Kindle content!