The aim of LDS Kindle Books is two-fold:
- Provide free LDS books to Kindle owners
- Alert Kindle owners about new LDS books available in Kindle format.
The types of FREE publications include Gospel resources published by LDS.org in Kindle compatible formats, LDS General Conference talks, and LDS books which are free from copyright.
Linked books generally include publications from Deseret Book released for the Kindle or books by LDS authors produced by other publishers.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Church Releases Mobile Document Formats
Today I noticed that the church has released April 2011 General Conference in assorted mobile formats.
The following steps will help you to have a Kindle version of General Conference:
1) Go to the church mobile site for eReader: http://lds.org/handheld/newarchive/0,18495,344-1-141-1,00.html
2) Download and unzip General Conference, April 2011
3) Open the file with Calibre
4) Right click on the book and choose Convert E-books > Convert Individually
5) Ensure the output format is Mobi and click Go or Ok
6) When conversion is finished, right click on the book > Save to disk > Save Only Mobi Format to Disk and add to your Kindle
UPDATE: Files should be placed in the "Documents" directory of your Kindle. Thanks Hogge
7) Enjoy your new Kindle General Conference!
Note: I have followed these steps and have a working copy of April 2011 General Conference for personal use. I would love to publish a direct download here, but alas, this is the best I can do until I find another source. The license says "You may not post material from this site on another web site or computer network without our permission"
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me through Gmail: LDSKindle.